If It's Fiber...

Monday, November 07, 2005


I've requested Barabara Walker's "The Craft of Lace Knitting" from my local library. Two of the branches of the library have this book. It's a compilation of her first, second and third treasuries. I'm hoping to find a lace edging pattern that I like for the circular shawl you see above. It's from Elizabeth Zimmerman's "A Knitter's Almanac."

Okay, I made a pledge to myself that I wouldn't buy any more yarn until I had completed some projects that have been patiently waiting in line to be created. I am now compelled to break that pledge. I think I will knit the HiP scarf/tie/belt in Gryffindor colors for a most favorite friend of mine, Dante. I'm hoping I can have it done by the time the movie opens. I will probably be attending the movie with him, his mom, and another friend of ours. I plan on wearing my Ravenclaw scarf, and I think he would love to have something with Gryffindor colors. I don't have enough time for a sweater or a regular scarf, so I think this project will be perfect. My LYS had some yarn in appropriate colors and I will get started this afternoon while Bruce is supposed to be napping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home