If It's Fiber...

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Stephanie and I went to the 9:15 showing of Goblet of Fire last night. I must say, I was a bit disappointed. I was the ONLY person wearing any house colors, and no one was wearing any kind of Harry Potter item at all. It made me wish that I were in Fayetteville, NC, instead of Burlington, Alamance County, NC. Those in Fayetteville have more fun with things like this.
When I waited up until Midnight at the Books-A-Million in Fayetteville, they had all kinds of activities and a lot of people were dressed for it. I found out from Stephanie last night that at the BAM here, you just waited in line and that was it. Nobody was dressed for that either.
C'mon people! Have some imagination!
I enjoyed the movie, though. I wish they could have covered everything in the book, but I think what they did gave you the feel of the book. Everyone had grown up so much!!!

It was hard for me to calm down and go to sleep last night, then my nose was runny and Bruce kept waking up, so I'm going on very little sleep right now. We have Little Gym, a birthday party and another event to attend today. I hope I can be presentable!
I'm off to work on the sock!

2 Comments:

  • No one was wearing any HP regalia when we (my children and I) saw the movie, either ... except for my kids, who were doing me proud by wearing the scarves on which I knit my fingers to a frazzle (mother guilt? moi?). I really liked the movie ... though Ralph Fiennes was tremendous.

    Thanks for your comments on the KAL blog about the Hysterial Yellow Slipper. I went ahead and started the second one, and will goof around with some graph paper tonight. The pattern, by the way, is from Fiber Trends. They probably have it at your LYS, or you can get it online.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 6:07 PM  

  • thought Ralph Fiennes was tremendous. Sorry about the typo ... my keyboard is a bit sticky.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home