If It's Fiber...

Tuesday, March 28, 2006



These are pictures of some of the great items I received in the mail while my computer was down. First one is my present from the Knit the Classics Mystery Swap. My swapper was Jennifer from Craftlilly. The yarn is so appropriate for the swap! I've already formulated some plans for both skeins. The book she sent me was a lot of fun to read. It's one of those mysteries where if you really pay attention while you read, you can keep your own notes and try to figure out who did it. I really enjoyed reading it. A murder on a plane and everyone on board is a suspect. One thing I found interesting is the language used. Every the word "plane" was always spelled " 'plane". Only once in the book was the full word "airplane" used.
Thank you Jennifer!

The second picture is of the womb that I made with the 10 skeins of Noro Lily Mulit yarn that it won! Over at Knit the Classics there was a project contest for our March reading. My womb won! I was bouncing off the walls for days, and still get all giddy when I realize I have won something. (I think the last time I won something was back in 3rd grade at a Burger King party where we had to stack up burger boxes to see who could make the tallest tower.) I'm going through a few different ideas on what I can make with the yarn.

I must say that the womb has been a big hit with all women I've told about it. My friends took turns taking it home, showing it to their husbands and seeing if they knew what it was. My mom wants to have it for a bit to show her friends. She had wanted to take it to a baby shower, but I couldn't get it to her in time.
Knitting the womb has been quite an experience!

3 Comments:

  • Nice stuff from Jennifer!

    That womb. It's a great idea and perfect for WOTET.

    By Blogger Carrie K, at 6:23 PM  

  • WOW! That sure is a nice prize. One couldn't ask for much more.

    By Blogger Jenni, at 9:58 PM  

  • You got Obelists Fly High, too! Perhaps we should compare notes.:P

    I'll let you know how the A.A. Milne mystery goes.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home