If It's Fiber...

Thursday, March 02, 2006



I am currently working on The cat over there in green yarn. We have a couple of three year old birthday parties to attend next weekend, and the cat will be for one of the girls.

The second party is for a boy and a girl, and the moms have asked party-goers to bring only one present, a book. At the party, the books will be exchanged among ALL the kids, so that everyone goes home with a new book and the birthday kids aren't loaded up with more toys that they don't really need. I love the idea.

I should have had this cat finished by now, but I have been quite busy with my high school reunion. I am on the startup committee and I am the one in charge of keeping a database of the updated addresses, running the website, and manning the email address. We have a big organizational meeting this weekend, and I needed to get all my notes together. What has taken the most time has been working up a list of all the addresses we DON'T have, so that we can pass that around at the meeting, and begin our hunting down process. There are well over 100 people that we don't have information for yet. We've been a bit slack over the years and have never had a reunion before. There's a lot of catching up to do!

And by the way - The poem in the last post is from A. A. Milne's book of poems, "Now We Are Six". It's a wonderful book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home