If It's Fiber...

Friday, February 24, 2006



The Hogwarts Hat is complete! Gold Medal, here I come!

It's great to have it finished. I was so worried about it for so long. I'm glad the Knitting Olympics made me finally tackle the project. It came out not exactly as I pictured, but it looks good. I think I felted it just a little too long. It fits and all, but I wanted it to look a little wonky. Hogwarts is a bit wonky, and I wanted the hat to reflect that. If I roll the brim down it looks pretty cool as a cloche hat.

Now that it's done, I feel that it wasn't as bad and hard as I was making it out to be. It was a challenge, and I went a little nuts with all of my math to figure the pattern, but now I would say that it is a fairly easy project. Something that Knitty would describe as "tangy."

If anyone is interested I could post the pattern I made up. Just let me know.

I'm ready for the next movie and book releases with my Ravenclaw scarf and my Hogwarts House Unity Hat!!! All I need now is my own Weasley. (Although, if I did my own initial, "A", it might be a little too much like "The Scarlet Letter.")

Down with Voldemort!!!

By the way, I feel that Snape is innocent. He's playing a part in a plan.

Book Seven!!! Where are you!!! I'm waiting!!!

3 Comments:

  • Love the hat. I'd love it if you posted the pattern!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 PM  

  • Great hat and cute pic with your nose in the book. I also share your feeling regarding Snape.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 AM  

  • I'm with you. I think Snape is innocent too. But I still love Harry the best.
    :)

    By Blogger Micky, at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home