If It's Fiber...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hubby took the camera to his work on Friday and did not bring it back so I have no pictures to show. Since I was goignto felt my swatch for the Hogwarts hat, I decided I could knit up a quick little something else to felt. Kim had mentioned using the Lopi yarn (that I used for Vinter Lue) for a felted project. I still have some left, so I knit up a square and felted that also. It is now a great little hot mat, trivet, pot holder - whatever word you use to describe it. I may knit up a few more to felt when I felt the hat. They don't take long.
I haven't done any knitting yet on the Hogwarts hat. I am up to my ears in nu,ber crunching. I tend to overdo my pre-figuring when I make up my own sewing patterns. It seems that I am this way with the knitting also. I hope to cast on tonight, but i think that I will end up needing to rip and redo. I want the top of the hat to be a flat circle, so most of my figuring energy is going to that right now. I've got my stripes worked out. Since I will be felting the hat I won't need to worry about ends too much. I plan to knit it in the round and just start a new yarn each time around.

"Woman on the Edge of Time" came in last week and I have been reading that like crazy. I am about halfway through and am really enjoying it.

Anyone in NC that is interested should join up with Team NC.

2 Comments:

  • Just passing through on Stashalong patrol--have a great week.

    By Blogger Kim, at 12:35 PM  

  • Hi, I came across your blog, and I just knew I should know a knitter from Graham.
    After looking through your pictures I remembered your hat! The one you were working on at Needleworks. Glad to find your blog so I can keep up with you and your knitting. Good luck with the Team NC!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home