If It's Fiber...

Thursday, January 26, 2006




I mailed out the postcards today. I cut the dogs out of corderoy that I had in my fabric stash. It was leftovers from a meditation cushion that I made when I was taking a Tai Chi class. The pink yarn is leftover from my Kyoto, the first sweater I knitted. I carved the stamps out of some corks from my insane collection of corks. I just can't bring myself to throw away a cork unless it was destroyed in the removal, so I have a large supply of them. The paper is from a friend's stash. She sells the Stamping Up stamps and papers. This color is called "Certainly Celery".
So I completed my postcards while still keeping in the Stashalong theme!
I can't wait to see the postcards I will receive!

6 Comments:

  • Those are so clever!! Just popping through on weekly Stashalong patrol--have a great week!

    By Blogger Kim, at 11:43 AM  

  • Hi Ann! I got my postcard today--thanks so much! It's so sweet, the little corduroy dog is just perfect. I didn't realize until I read this post that you made the letter stamps too! Wow! What a great idea, and you did it so well!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:26 PM  

  • My postcard arrived today. Thanks! It's so nice to know the backstory on the "ingredients."

    By Blogger Amy, at 5:59 PM  

  • Thank you for my card, it's awesome. I love the stamp idea, I'd better get drinking some wine!

    By Blogger misplacedpom, at 6:54 PM  

  • TOTALLY EXCITING NEWS!! I GOT MY POSTCARD TODAY TO! and i love it...its beautiful and love the story behind each peice...so special. i love your idea of making stamps out of corks...i thought you printed them using some fancy computer program...sewwwww crafty! great work and thank you!

    By Blogger Cristina, at 7:17 PM  

  • Thank You for the fantastic postcard. I am in love with the colours you used... very crafty!! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home