If It's Fiber...

Sunday, January 15, 2006



I have no pictures today, but some odds and ends to cover. The lack of knitting pictures results from me leaving my knitting bag at a friend's house last night. I will retrieve it today, when I head out of town to visit my sister in Asheville. Bruce and I are headed up there to try to help with her move. Maybe I can at least take the kids while she either sleeps or packs.
I have made progress on the baby cardigan. I have changed some things in the pattern though. It's not going to be garter stitch the whole way.
I discovered that the cookbook I just posted about is going to be published by Project Gutenberg. This is a great project that is publishing free ebooks of works in the public domain. They have thousands of titles. I had first come across them a few years ago when I was trying to find "The Hunting of the Snark" by Lewis Carroll. I have an old record of Boris Karloff reading it that I have put onto cd and I wanted to see the words. (I'm a bit visual) My son loves listening to it. So anyway, go there and peruse their holdings. If you read other languages they probably have something in that language. It really is a great project.
Until they get the "Compendium of Cookery" entered in and published, those of you who enjoy old cookbooks may like reading "Recipes Tried and True" by the Ladies' Aid Society of the First Presbyterian Church of Marion, Ohio. It was published in 1894.
For those interested in the cat pattern, go to Crafting Japanese and scroll down to the pictures of other people's cats. It gives links to their sites and some of them give help on reading the pattern. There are also some other great amigurumis on that page, and links to a couple of patterns.
And finally, I've joined Myra's postcard swap over at My Little Mochi. I've started working on the dogs for my cards. The finished product isn't completely envisioned yet, but I'm trying out ideas.
I don't know if I will be able to post while in Asheville, so I hope you enjoy these links while I'm away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home