As if I don't already have a very long list of items I want to make for Halloween and Christmas, this bib keeps popping into my head. I just love it.
What makes me obsess about it right now is that my LYS has all of their cotton yarns on sale right now. I think I could adapt this pattern to whatever cotton size I find that I like. I may even try to switch it over to knit instead of crochet, but densely crocheted items are much more stable. (While also taking longer to dry out. Hmm...)
My socks are coming along very nicely. I have finished the whole foot and am about 4 inches up the leg. I still have quite a bit of yarn, so I will keep going until I can go no more. Before working the cuff and finishing, I will add a Bajoran cable emblem that I created at the back of the calf.
The socks are on hold right now as I work on Bruce's green vest so that he can be dressed like Wallace, of Wallace and Gromit. (He told me the other day that I "need to get to work on his vest"!) I am knitting it in the round and last night I realized, at about 7 inches up form the bottom, that it was too small. My swatch gauge had been much larger than what I was actually knitting, by about 1 stitch per inch. So I ripped it out and started over.
I am now about 1 1/2 inches up.