If It's Fiber...

Saturday, September 09, 2006


The club covers are finished. What a fun, quick project! I recommend these to anyone who is or knows a golfer with an appreciation for the, might we say, vintage things in life.
The pattern is from "Bernat Gift Bazaar", circa 1956, in the Women's Knit Fashions Volume 2 from Vintage-Knitting-Patterns.com. I have purchased a few of her collections and they really are great for those who enjoy the older fashions.
The pom-poms at the tops of these are bigger than the ones in the picture, but hubby likes them that way.

Next in line is a pair of Universal Toe-up Socks for me. I have already completed the calculations and ready to begin. I'm using some Sock Garden yarn from Knit Picks that was discontinued a while back (that is when I bought it on sale). THe color scheme is called "Daffodils" and is a mix of oranges, greens, yellows, and browns. I really just love the colors in it. I hope it turns out well and doesn't pool in a way with which I am unhappy.

After that, I will probably make a Wallace-like vest for my Wallace obsessed son. I have the yarn already - it was supposed to be for his Weasley sweater two years ago, but then I found something I liked better so it went into the stash.
His doll has already had an arm re-attatched, his head removed, neck restuffed, the head re-attatched with a shorter neck, and given a new tie. He has done pretty much everything my son has done since we gave him the doll Wednesday afternoon.

Monsters are constantly on my brain, though. My inner mad scientist is yearning to be unleashed!

3 Comments:

  • I love the golf club covers, they are wonderful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 PM  

  • Great golf covers.

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!

    By Blogger Suse, at 8:48 PM  

  • You've been SOUPED! HAHAHAHA. So very, very happy about that. Lucky, lucky girl.
    Oh, and fabulous golf covers. Lucky, lucky hubby.

    By Blogger Emily, at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home