If It's Fiber...

Sunday, January 01, 2006



Happy New Year!

These are the two Brioche Helmet Hats by Kelly Bridges from Fall 2005 Interweave Knits. I made two of them out of two different yarns, neither of which were the ones called for in the pattern. One aspect of the pattern that was extrememly frustrating is that Bridges gives no stockingette stitch gauge, and she doubled the yarn called for, so that finding a substitute yarn was next to impossible. Then, the stitch set she uses uses for gauge is a fifth of the way up the hat.

Interweave should really make stockingette stitch gauge a REQUIREMENT on all their patterns!

The two hats are for my son and one of his friends. I think I will let the mom choose which one she would prefer him wear. Bruce can wear either one. I don't care.

Last night, before midnight, I finished up my last two projects of 2005. I completed my last Weasley sweater ornament, and put the buttons on the 1962 Weskit. I'm wearing it today. I'll have to get my husband to take a picture for me.

So I thought I would look back and try to remember the items I created this year.

- Andean hat for Bruce that ended up not fitting becuase my stranding was too tight

- Fuzzy Feet

- Two baby blankets for my home church to give away to new babies

- Quilted square pictures of old transportation for Bruce's room

- Curtains for our kitchen

- Curtains for the upstairs bathroom

- Recovered the seat of a chair for my mom

- a pair of pants out of motorcycle fabric for my nephew

- Chevron tank

- Shrug

- HiP scarf in Gryffindor colors

- 7 sweater ornaments

- 3 Airy scarves

- a stuffed dog

- a stuffed mushroom

- Steve's socks

- Two toddler hats

- Toboggan for SIL's boyfriend

- 1962 Weskit

- a crocheted snowflake

I think that is all. It feels good to see it all written out. I wish there had been some more sewing on there. Once I get my machine and sewing area set up here I hope there will be more.

Happy New Year!!!

1 Comments:

  • Just passing through on my weekly Stashalong check. A fellow Ravenclaw--very nice :)

    By Blogger Kim, at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home