If It's Fiber...

Tuesday, April 11, 2006


These are some of the gifts I received for my birthday a month ago, but wasn't able to post.The top picture is of two Japanese crochet books that my younger sister bought fro me when she was in Hawaii. They are both pretty cool. I love all of the motif patterns in the one on the right.
The second picture is of the presents I received from my wonderful friend, Lindsley. She sent me vintage glove and sock darners, as well as some lovely stationery.

My yopunger sister has picked out the shawl she wants me to knit her for her wedding in September. She picked the Aran Weight Victorian Lace Shawl from elann's free patterns. I think I'm going to knit it up in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. Unfortunately the yarn the pattern calls for that elann sells does not come in white.
So I'll get the yarn ordered and start to work!
I've just ordered a slew of sock yarn. I hope it comes in soon so I can knit up a pair for my husband and a pair for me before too long.
I'm working on the last of the Easter amigurumis. After this I think I'll be done with crochet for a little bit. I think I've over done it!

1 Comments:

  • I love the motif book-any chance of an ISBN? I'm really into motifs right now, and I'm playing around with some as possible accents to bags, pins, etc.

    Happy birthday!

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home