If It's Fiber...

Tuesday, July 25, 2006


So, we go off to Holden Beach, NC for over a week, return home, and this is what we find in our garden.
Monster Okra.
This stuff is as long as my forearm. The one on the left is an okra pod at the largest stage that I feel it should be eaten. We have MANY that are between the sizes of the one on the right and the pod in the middle. The pod in the middle is about 12 inches long.
If you think you're on my Christmas gift list, be prepared for some extra large okra Christmas ornaments.
Or an Okra Lizard.

On the knitting front:
Didn't accomplish as much on Hubby's socks as I expected. I'm on the gussets right now.
Also didn't get to read as much as I expected in "A Passage to India", this month's selection for Knit the Classics.
Chugging slowly but steadily through them both.

2 Comments:

  • I'm glad you are back - you were missed. OM those Okra's are huge, Oh I didn't tell you I came by while you were gone and put on some miracle gro ;-)
    The Okra lizards are adorable. Hope to see you Thursday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 AM  

  • Okra, okra everywhere, but is it safe to eat? I confess before I think about crafts I think- Dinna!
    Had a ball yesterday. Also, am far, far too caught up in this blogging thing. I'm an addict, after only three days!

    By Blogger Emily, at 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home