If It's Fiber...

Monday, August 21, 2006


The pieces of B's Wallace doll have now been cut out and sewn, but not stuffed or attatched. After I complete that step, I get to make his clothes - a pair of brown pants, a white shirt, a red tie, green vest, and brown plaid slippers. My son has been obsessed with Wallace and Gromit for quite awhile now. He IS Wallace, according to him. (Luckily, he tells me I am Gromit! He also says his dad is the penguin from "The Wrong Trousers".)
I spent a some months with this inmy mind and searching for the right type of pattern and the guts to go ahead and cut the felt.
I ended up using the Nekomimi doll pattern from Runo the Dollmaker's site. There are so many great patterns there. If you scroll on down you'll see al types of doll patterns. It's a wealth of information and instruction.
So this is what one can accomplish in the middle of the night when one is pregnant and going through the whole "I really need to sleep, but I am wide awake and need to do something" part of the 9 month journey.

4 Comments:

  • Great work Ann! Your quite the doll maker and designer of things fiber ;) I liked Runo's site also, thanks for providing the link ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 PM  

  • Oh I love it. What a lucky little boy ;-) I can't wait to see it all stuffed and clothed.

    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 AM  

  • Meant to post this earlier- Gorgeous! Simply Gorgeous!

    By Blogger Emily, at 6:39 PM  

  • Just surfing my Sitemeter hits and I came across your blog. I love Wallace!!!! He's awesome!! Where's Gromit? What about some cheese?

    By Blogger McNary & Company Realtors, at 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home