If It's Fiber...

Monday, October 16, 2006


Meet Spooks, our newest resident monster. For more details on his making go to the Monster-A-Long site. Here, I will give a description of WHY we made him today.
This morning Little Boo and I met some of our friends at the children's museum. LB insisted that he take his Tigger with him, which he did. He kept up with him the whole time very well. That is, until we were leaving and I asked him to put Tigger down so that he could use some sanitizing goop on his hands. As sson as the goop was on and dried, I rushed him out of the doors and into the parking lot. About an hour later, while we were at the Barnes & Noble playing with the Thomas trains, he asks me where Tigger was.
I realized I was in deep s*#$t.
Tigger has been quite close to his heart for about a month now. Unfortunately, the museum is only open until 12 noon on Mondays. We left when they closed, and there was no one there to answer phones or the door that afternoon.
He cried the whole 30 minute drive home.
I thought the creation of a new monster might help distract him from his sorrows. It seems to be working quite well so far. We'll see what happens at bedtime!
Of course, we will be back at the museum as soon as the doors open in the morning.

3 Comments:

  • You made Spooks in one day? Good Lawd!
    Poor Boo, it's a good thing he's got such a quick-thinking mummy. And how adorable is he with the dollie? Or the stuffed animal or whatever you call it in the world of manly toys. I wonder if Tigger can still compete against Spooks?

    By Blogger Emily, at 9:18 AM  

  • Aww,hopefully Tigger was waiting there for him. I bet he had a lot of adventures in the museum to share with your little sweetie.

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 8:29 PM  

  • I hope you got tigger back ok. I know how traumatic when little ones lose a cuddly. Spooks is a great substitute! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    By Blogger Craftybernie, at 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home