If It's Fiber...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006


I have been on a little bit of a buying spree lately. But then, spree connotes it was not thought through, and all of my purchases have been way over thought - to the point that thinking about whether or not I should buy them has kept me up at night.
I first saw this pack of Amy Butler fat quarters at Piece Gardens in Asheville, when I was up there for my younger sister's wedding. I loved them when I saw them, but was not in a buying mood. So I left town without purchasing anything. It stayed on my mind for a few days until I was about to burst, kicking myself in the pants for not purchasing them! SO I called them up - they still had them - and bought them over the phone.
BTW - Piece Gardens is the most amazing quilting shop I have ever encountered. Usually I have to searcha nd weed through bolts to find anything I like, but not there! I could have bought yardage off of almost every bolt! If you ever are in downtown Asheville, drop on in!
Then, I went ahead and bought the lace blockers set form KNit Picks. I've been eyeing them for quite some time, going back and forth as to whether or not it would be a good investment. As I have become more and more obsessed with lace knitting - I am planning a laceweight or cobweb weight shawl to begin as soon as I finish all of my Christmas crafting - I decided I should go ahead and get them.
As I was adding them to my cart, I discovered they had Knitorama on sale. By adding that, my total just broke the free shipping mark, so I threw it in for good measure. It is a funny book, I've just begun looking through it. (okay, so that part of the purchase was impulse)
Then today, I went to my LYS...
But more on that trip later. I'm sick and must rest while my boy is resting.
(I finished B's Wallace vest and will begin creating a zombie tonight!)

1 Comments:

  • Goooorgeous fabrics! I had no idea what to expect except your good taste, of course, but they are beyond that! I don't know what to do with them and yet I want some.
    Yea on B's vest! He will be the most Wallace-y of Wallaces. Though I'm still rooting for you to knit yourself up a nice pair of Gromit ears and a tail. I'm sure they'd be awfully flattering.

    By Blogger Emily, at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home