If It's Fiber...

Tuesday, October 24, 2006


My good friend, Lindsley, flew down from NYC this past weekend. She stopped by my house Sunday, then LB and I went to Chapel Hill to meet up with her there yesterday. While there, I made two wonderful finds.
The first, was this book at my favorite used bookstore, "The Bookshop". I have been checking out "The Craft of Lace Knitting" by Barbara Walker from my library (actually a library farther away, but I do the inter-library loan thing) quite often for the past year and a half. I've even considered trying to buy it from them since it is out of print.
So I about flipped when I saw this - and for cheaper than I've seen online!

Next up, we went to an excellent fabric shop, that we sadly discovered is closing on November 4th. Upside of that is everything was on tremendous sale. It was just too much for me to process, though, and I left with Sandra Betzina's "Fabric Saavy" - excellent sewing reference - for 50% off AND
(drumroll please)

LB left with this:
The owner had a great section of kids toys to keep the wee ones entertained while the moms spend time and money on fabrics and notions. She charged me $1 for it. I felt like I was cheating her, and I think she felt bad for charging me that much. Perfect.
No batteries.
No lights.
No songs.
Just a barn with two big bottom doors and a hayloft.

LB's animals have already moved into their spaces.

Three great buys and an afternoon with a good friend.
It was a nice day.

1 Comments:

  • It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Go girl on that barn how awesome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home