If It's Fiber...

Monday, November 13, 2006


What you see (or don't see due to low lighting) at the left is what has been the bane to my crafting existence lately. I did not knit the sweater. It is not my style. But I am lining the sweater jacket for my LYS. Now, densely knitted items that don't have very much stretch are not that bad to line with non-stretchy fabrics.
But this...
This is a bit heavy and stretchy. I have added 6 inches of ease into the back of the lining now so that it would have a pleat.
There is no pleat.
This thing is like a liquid that shapes itself into the shape of it's container.
I am cursing its existence.
Hopefully, I will have completed it by tonight at the earliest, tomorrow night at the latest.
Then, I can continue on my regularly scheduled creating. There is so much I want to knit before the baby gets here.

4 Comments:

  • It's Sci-Fi knitting! Working with elements not typically found in our atmosphere. You Bajoran you!

    By Blogger Emily, at 10:39 PM  

  • Quote: "This thing is like a liquid that shapes itself into the shape of it's container. I am cursing its existence."

    I agree with em. Maybe you are dealing with a Founder a la Odo? Lucky you!

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 11:04 PM  

  • I want to see you model it! Could you be working on anything that is LESS you? I just hope that all the effort you and Lenora put into it will bring the Hospice Home some money!

    By Blogger Renee, at 8:00 AM  

  • Thank you for the gifter reminder! You are so right- those people who, come August, are HYSTERICAL if they've not finished; they're so frustrating! You start throwing out ideas for gifts in late Oct/early Nov and they just look down their nose at you and say, "I've finished my shopping." AHHH!
    Can you tell I have one of these in my family?!

    By Blogger Emily, at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home