If It's Fiber...

Sunday, October 29, 2006

I finished converting the bib form crochet to knit. I like the results, and love the yarn, but I don't think I will make another one out of this yarn. The two just don't go together very well. I plan to redo the pattern in a regular kitchen cotton kind of yarn.
(My cutie-pie niece is modeling the bib when we met them in Greensboro to go to the Children's Musuem and take advantage of Earth Fare's 20% off EVERYTHING Customer Appreciation Day.)


Here is my Monster-In-Progress. Not quite sure what I will attatch yet. Tentacles? Wings? No arms at all? We'll see what happens tonight. While trying to take a well-lit picture of this guy (obviously, I was unsuccessful at my attempts), my son wanted to get a picture of himself with the pumpkin he made at playschool and with the card that Lindsley sent him. He preferred showing the inside of the card to the outer, Halloween decorated part. The words inside are more important to him. How sweet!

So, LB woke up the morning, bounding into our room at 7:30. I was irritated that it was so early. Then I realized that it was actually 6:30 instead. Cursed daylight savings!

Yesterday was a crazy day. I taught the second class of the two-at-once, toe-up, magic loop socks class. All I have to say from the experience is this: I think I should shred my teacher's license. Can I anull a Master's in Teaching? Or maybe I should list prerequisites to my class next time. (DUH!)



Then I raced back home to get LB dressed for a Halloween party. I tried to find my Revolutionary War re-enactment outfit, but could not. I should find it before Tuesday. Those things were designed to work when pregnant too. If not, one of the moms at the party suggested I give out treats with my hair up in pink sponge curlers, an apron and housedress, and barefoot. Hmm....

After the party, we came home, cooked dinner, and went to a local high school to hear a concert on the old theater organ they have been restoring and installing there. It was lovely! I look forward to hearing more performances on it. Check out the Piedmont Theater Organ Society's website here. LB had a good time. He was the only one there under high school age I think. He behaved wonderfully, putting down his ticket and clapping after each song. At intermission, he told me he wanted to go to bed. Seeing as how it was after 8:00, I consented.
I just love organ music. If you do too, check out "Pipe Dreams". Maybe it comes on in your area.

4 Comments:

  • Looks like you've been busy this week! Love the bib, love the flowers, the sock is cool if you're into that sort of thing (wink, wink) and Bruce looks very happy with his card and pumpkin. I love the little fingers that can be seen reaching for the monster in the last post.

    Didn't find you any pink sock yarn but I did ask at all 3 places I stopped. Got a really adorable book of children's patterns and some fun yarn for myself to make a small wrap.

    Trip was great and will post something on my blog about it tomorrow.

    By Blogger Renee, at 3:20 PM  

  • Oh my what cuties. WOW it looks like B has grown.
    Talk to you soon!
    Hugs!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 AM  

  • Just happened to listen to Pipe Dreams last night. The Walker on the Wild Side episode. The organ/percussion piece was off the hook to say the least. I guess I'm more of a traditionalist then a modernist when it comes to organ music.

    Thanks for linking Pipe Dreams. I was thinking I needed to check out the website while listening last night.

    Take care.

    By Blogger Karen, at 2:41 PM  

  • First, gorgeous niece. Could she look any happier? What a cutey!
    We've "Tawked" enough on the class subject, but for all those reading this- you're an excellent teacher! Shake it off, you were great!
    The concert sounds like a great time. How adorable is LB? He and his ticket fascination! Too funny. Can't wait to see him decked out tomorrow night!

    By Blogger Emily, at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home