If It's Fiber...

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Pretty scary looking, isn't it? But, this pineapple upside down cake was really pretty good. Sometimes I crave those sweet, colorfully ostentatious dishes that originated way back when. Maybe the threat of atom bombs made people want atomic colors? This was my first time making one of these and I enjoyed it.
I bought a wine to go with it. It was a Messidor 2002 Cotes de Bergerac, Moelleux, Cheval Quancard. It went quite well with the cake. It was sweet enough to take on the sugary cake, but yet still had some depth of it's own. I don't think I would drink this wine by itself - it's a little too sweet for my usual tastes - but it was a good choice for pairing with this dessert.
The cake recipe came from "The Joy of Cooking".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home