If It's Fiber...

Sunday, November 19, 2006


LB attended his first college football game Saturday. It ended up being a great game, and our team won. It was a game between two big rivals, UNC-Chapel Hill vs. NC State.
I must state that I am no big football fan. I'm just not really a big sports fan in general. I don't want anyone thinking I know a lot about these things.
But, Hubby and I met at UNC, my mom and dad met at UNC. LB also has two aunts, a great-grandfather, three great uncles, a great-great uncle, and many cousins who have attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
I will not be pushing it on him, (I made good grades so I could get into UNC, not so that I could be in a career of any sort.) it's just that this was a big moment in LB's life, as far as his two grandfathers are concerned.

After about 15 minutes, he said we were all done. I haven't told and won't tell that part to my father or father-in-law.

On the creation front, I have finished up knitting all of the cotton chenille washcloths for Christmas presents. I have only to weave in the ends. I bought the soaps that will accompany them at the Greensboro Farmer's Curb Market Saturday.
I will now allow myself to begin work on my brother's Elvis Wig.
It looks like I will be finished with all of my Christmas knitting by the end of Thanksgiving!
(I hope I didn't just jinx myself.)

1 Comments:

  • One of my aunts went to UNC (she's from Gastonia/Dallas NC). It's such a great school and how interesting that generations of your family have intertwined with it.

    My husband is a college football fan. I'm usually *shrugs* lukewarm at best. But the few times I've actually attended a game (CU Boulder) with him have been pretty fantastic. I'm sure it's attributable to all sorts of "deep" (hee, hee) psychological, group bonding reasons.

    What a cute sunlit picture of the little one. Ha, he was "all done" after 15 minutes! He'll probably turn out to be a Stephen Hawking! That Elvis wig is crazy. Love it!

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home