If It's Fiber...

Monday, December 11, 2006

FOB #14: These are a few of my craftiest things

1. Preparation time and clean-up time for crafts generally take longer than the actual craft itself.

2. If you try to short-cut the prep time, you'll rue it later

3. When sewing garments, go ahead and wash the fabric the way you will be washing the end product.

4. Don't sew garments for people that don't live nearby and can't try it on during the making.

5. DON'T do small work in low lighting.

6. Look up from your work at the end of a row, seam, or whatever. Give your eyes a break.

7. I completely enjoy projects with a challenge.

8. It is often all about the process for me.

9. Acetone is good for getting superglue off of skin

10. One great thing about knitting/crocheting is that you can always rip it out and make it into something else.

11. If you have cut the crotch seam wrong in sewing a pair of pants, your chances of being SOL are quite high.

12. Remember to make something for yourself every now and then too.

13. Use quality products in your crafting. Nothing sucks more than to have made something, then never wear it because the fabric/yarn feels terrible. If it's worth your time, it's worth your money.

14. A slight repeat of the above one: If something is worth doing, it is worth doing right.

2 Comments:

  • I forgot #10, but it is so true! There's little that can't be undone in knitting and crochet.
    # 12- no kidding. I can't believe it's December and I've not even made myself a scarf- a scarf for cripes sake!
    And #11- well, I don't sew- but that sounds more like a life lesson, I think ;-)

    By Blogger Emily, at 10:57 PM  

  • I always appreciate words of wisdom.

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home