If It's Fiber...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

So - I have finished the stocking ornaments and the Elvis wig. All of my planned Christmas knitting is now complete.
I have taken pictures.
But - on our trip last weekend to Fayetteville, I left my favorite maternity jacket which had the cord that connects my camera to my computer in it.
Pooters.
And when we went this past weekend to Granny's farm, a place where I just love to take pictures, I forgot the camera.
Pooters again.
At some point I will just suck it up and buy another card reader (I have misplaced my former one). Maybe that will be today or tomorrow.

I have begun working on a Surprise Baby Jacket for the baby. I have also started a pair of mittens for a friend. (She would like ones like those in a Laura Ingalls Wilder book where the girl gets red mittens for Christmas. If any of you know which book that is I would appreciate it. As much as I read as a little girl, I never read those books.)

And speaking of books, I finished reading Da Chen's "Colors of the Mountain" a few weeks ago. It was excellent. I highly recommend it. Also, due to wakeful, pregnant nights, I just finished Agatha Christie's "Elephants Can Remember". I just love Poirot. (I also love the name Agatha. Always have. Ever since I saw The Electric Grandmother. My poor children. Little Boo is lucky he escaped the name Angus - though it is on the possibles list once again for this next one. Along with Agatha.)

Until I can put up some pictures of my completed works, please go to Yoga Beans for a good laugh. Be sure to click on some of the Previous Poses in the right hand sideber.
It's a good break from holiday stress.

3 Comments:

  • I keep forgetting to email you your pic. I'll try to get to that tonight! I think the book that has the red mittens may be the first: Little House in the Big Woods. Please let me know which one it is when you find out. Bet you could find it on Yahoo, Google or Jeeves!

    By Blogger Renee, at 3:06 PM  

  • I FOUND IT! It's Christmas in the Big Woods. Use this link! Scroll down and read the book review!

    http://www.amazon.ca/Christmas-Woods-Laura-Ingalls-Wilder/dp/0060247525

    By Blogger Renee, at 3:10 PM  

  • Hi you! Now that you've read about boyhood in China, you must read about girlhood. If you haven't already read this book, Snowflower and the Secret Fan is really really good. I think the author is Lisa See. Congrats on getting your holiday knitting done- My needles are smokin and my fingers are callused, but darnit- I'm almost done... ;P

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home