If It's Fiber...

Wednesday, December 06, 2006


Here are the pictures of my finished Christmas presents! The stocking ornaments each have the initials of my sister's family on the other side.
Here is Little Boo in the Elvis wig that I made for my brother. I plan on posting a picture of my brother in it when I give it to him. LB thinks he looks like Victor Quartermaine from W&G's "The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" with this wig.

Trying to meet up with Neighbor Knitter's Challenge, I give you:

19 movies/shows I like
(This is just a very small listing)

1. Monty Python's Flying Circus
2. MST3K's "Jack Frost"
3. Orlando (Gorgeous movie)
4. The Third Man tv show starring Michael Rennie
5. The Day the Earth Stood Still (The message is still applicable today!)
6. H.R. Pufnstuf
7. Brigadoon (Gene Kelly, Cyd Charisse...wonderful!)
8. Pirates of Penzance (Kevin Kline as the Pirate King was one of my first childhood crushes)
9. The Crawling Eye
10. My Man Godfrey
11. The Thin Man
12. One Way Passage
(notice a William Powell connection in those last three?)
13. Grand Hotel
14. Dinner at Eight
(excellent actors, good stories in both 13 &14)
15. Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes
16. David Suchet's Hercule Poirot
17. Double Indemnity
18. Dreams (visually stunning. meaningful stories.)
19. After Life (What one memory would you choose to save from your life?)

Man, there are tons more that I didn't even get into. There are many other foriegn films I just love. Also some great silents. And I left out some cheesy 80s movies. More British tv. More comedy - "Strange Brew", anyone? More childhood favorites.

Maybe I should have chosen something else to number. Thankfully, each day there will be smaller lists. I should have been cleaning this whole time while LB is in playschool.

4 Comments:

  • Whoo-hoo, Yoda's on the job! And not a single movie made after 1997. That's so Yoda!
    I expect if anyone lives up to the Knitter Challenge it will be my small, green, large-eared mentor. Or my charming, red-headed, delightfully preggers friend- I get them confused.
    Cheers to the Challenge!

    By Blogger Emily, at 9:04 PM  

  • I'm sorry that I never sent you the picture but honestly the wig looks better on B than on the foam head! CUTE! Love the stockings! Were they difficult?

    By Blogger Renee, at 10:47 PM  

  • Forgot to mention what a cool dude Little B is. That wig turned out great and Little B's Elvis sneer- classic!

    By Blogger Emily, at 8:38 AM  

  • Love the wig!! It is very Quartermain-ish!! I think Eli needs one :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home