If It's Fiber...

Thursday, December 07, 2006

My rendition of Neighbor Knitter's #18. What's in Your Kitchen?

1. A cassette audio book of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"
2. An old portable stereo radio/tape/cd player in which I am playing the above tapes. (I think, at the time this was purchased, about 15 years ago, people called them "boomboxes".)
3. A newer, smaller radio/cd/tape player (4-5 years old). The older one no longer plays cds, the newer one no longer plays tapes due to some tinkering by a certain 3 year old.
4. LB's playschool's holiday schedule
5. A Grundig Yachtboy shortwave radio (We enjoy listening to other countries' broascasts. Voice of Iran has been interesting in the past few years. Also Radio Havana, Cuba. I enjoy Radio Japan most of all. There is something there at night and early mornings from so many countries. Really interesting.)
6. The book "Passport to World Band Radio 2004" (We really need to purchase the newest edition.)
7. A homemade peppermint foot scrub that one of my husband's clients has given us. She has other good body things too she gives us every now and then. She's a massage therapist.
8. 3 Fuyu persimmons (when you think they have gone bad, they are good.)
9. A Motto Calendar (12th listing down on the page) from an Amish group. (Hubby's mother used to give these out as Christmas cards. They are full of great quotations. Many seem to be quite a bit liberal in their political view.)
10. A string of cut glass crystals that used to hang in the window of my paternal grandmother's kitchen. Now it hangs in a window in my kitchen. When the sun shines in, it sends little rainbows everywhere. She, by the way, turns 100 years old this December 16th.
11. A wooden frog toy that you pull the string and his legs and arms flop. (My best friend from college gave this to me some years ago and it has moved into every kitchen of mine since. The greens and blues in it are just to my liking.)
12. some permanent markers that were put out of LB's reach and need to be put somewhere else.
13. A map of Greensboro, NC
14. A 7 inch tall Tyrannasuarue Rex
15. An 18 inch long Diplodocus
16. A small Simple Human trash can full of kitchen scraps that MUST go out to compost today.
17. Some Oxford gargoyle magnets that Hubby brought back from Oxford for me when he studied there for a summer. This was before we started dating, back when we were just friends in college.
18. Framed, signed photograph of Wayne Newton. (We're not Wayniacs or anything like that. It's just that "Danke Schoen" saved our sanity during LB's colicky months.)

There you have it!
I should be able to finish the Baby surprise jasket either tonight or tomorrow night. I look forward to seeing it completed!

2 Comments:

  • Hello Motto!
    Of course you have dinosaurs. How could you not?

    Love the many contraptions for the purpose of listening- you're so adorably fifties with your listening apparatus. I read it, and think, "That's so Yoda."

    This just shows I should pay more attention to my surroundings; you have such interesting items in your kitchen!

    Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again, no place is complete without a signed picture of Wayne Newton. I've always felt a little empty from the lack of one in my own home.

    By Blogger Emily, at 5:05 PM  

  • Haha!! You just have to admire someone with Wayne Newton in their kitchen!! Signed, framed, and all!

    That's good stuff!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home