If It's Fiber...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Although it is chilly, the sun has been shining nicely today, so I was able to get a couple of pictures. The first is of the hat I mat for myself out of the Noro Iro. I love the colors in it! The wool/silk belnd feels great too. I think, though, that since I have such a large head, I might shouldn't use a bulky yarn in the future. Now, I'm still wearing this and think is looks fine, but - just saying, big heads don't need big yarns.

Next up is the other part of my order from Brooke. I added to the cart because I just liked it, but my main purpose in the order was the yarn. Once I saw the bag in person, I think I began to be more fond of the bag than the yarn.
I must think of a way to have it with me often. Maybe it can carry some baby necessity in the diaper bag? But I'd hate for it to get messed up. Hmmm... No baby yet today, though LB about sent me into labor with a struggle we were having today. He's in his room for an extended time out and I went straight for my secret Dagoba chocolate stash to calm down. In my haste to break off a piece, a chocolate shard broke into my skin. I must say, wounds inflicted by chocolate are well worth it.

3 Comments:

  • Hi big head person! What a funny bit of info! I'm happy you love your bag :) Mine's Aquarius (my b-day is on Jan 25th) and I love mine too!

    I'm so happy to have my first volunteer! I think I'll send you Avalon, because it's dyed using the hot pour method rather than hand painted, so it will give you a subtle mottled effect, rather than striping. The color is soooo cool. It practically glows. Is this OK with you? I'll probably put it in the mail for you next week. You might be busy... :P ...if so, it will be waiting for you when you get home :)

    Re: The Woman in White, isn't it funny how the book hooks you? It took a little bit, but once it did, man...

    Have you tried the mac n cheese yet? (check your last post) *grin*

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:59 PM  

  • That bag is too much. I ordered the Gemini bag today as a little summin' for my mom and I'm twice as excited now! Oh, to be something cooler than a Virgo...
    Love the hat; those colors are brilliant on you. And don't give your cranium too hard a time- you know what they say, Big Headed Girls You Make the Knittin' World Go Round.

    By Blogger Emily, at 6:02 PM  

  • Hmmm...haven't heard back from you...did the mac n cheese work? *big grin*

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home