If It's Fiber...

Tuesday, January 09, 2007



I have quite a few items to share today, and I am saving some for another day because I don't have good pictures of them yet.
Last week I made some infant spiral socks. I've seen them in a few different of the vintage 1940s and 1950s baby books. They are heel-less, so they start out more like stockings for the baby, then end up being socks as a toddler.
LB has tried them on and I was surprised at how well they fit him. -Though he tells me he wants a heel on his sock. (How great is that that my boy knows some sock anatomy?!)
They were a quick knit - I used some leftover Patons Kroy that I had laying around.

Next up is the yarn that I received from NeighborKnitter's Festival of Blogging. She gave it to me for sticking in there and blogging straight on until the end! It's a hank of Brooke's hand dyed sock yarn. I completely love it. I actually have a pillowcase (for my cuddling pillow) that has the some colors in it. It is great - I look forward to knitting up some socks for myself with it!



The last is the yarn that I obsessed over for a couple of weeks before buying it. It is also from Brooke. These colors hypnotised me and made me want them. I thought about them constantly until I purchased them from her store. The colors are so tranquil and calming. I am in love.

As much as I love the yarn, I ordered another item from her that I will show later that has completely captured my heart. I have also made a hat from the Noro Iro that I bought at my lys's big sale. It's been so warm lately I was starting to be afraid I would never get a chance to wear it. Today has been chilly, though, and LB and I spent the afternoon at the park, me wearing my wonderfully warm toboggan/hat/toque/whatever you want to call it.
I hope to get some good pictures of these two tomorrow to share.

Still no baby. I am very ready for this to be out, though I also know that a baby is SO much easier to take care of when it is inside the belly, than when it is out!
I still have 7 hours to go to get this one born on the 9th!
Anybody have any castor oil?

4 Comments:

  • I know exactly how you feel! I am due on Sunday and it is time for this baby to GET OUT. Good luck to you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 AM  

  • I dreamt of you last night. You had a baby girl and she looked just like you and had the lighterst strawberry-blonde hair.

    Hugs!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 PM  

  • Wow- lots of pictures:) It's kind of funny for me to see the yarn on there :)

    Really quickly: You should eat some macaroni and cheese with A-1 sauce, if you want your baby born tomorrow :) I have no idea where I got that from, but I hear that it works. You should try it and see! It will be like a science project! *grin*

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:53 PM  

  • The mac and cheese trick only works once you are past due AND your hubby has to purchase the mac and cheese and A-1 and prepare it himself and serve it to you.

    http://philips.wtks.com/philips_birthrecipe.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home