If It's Fiber...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

FOB #6 When do you Procrastinate?

1. Anytime I have a deadline. For example, I was up Sunday night making the batter for muffins to take to LB's playschool Christmas party (the batter really needs to sit overnight before baking), then had to get Hubby to take LB to school in the morning and find out what was the latest that I could bring in the muffins. I just made it with about 10 minutes to spare.

2. Housecleaning. This is where I am the worst. I know there are others out there who are much worse than me - I've roomed with them - but I do have a problem with this.

3. Putting stuff back where it belongs. Be this the mail, a kitchen appliance I'm using, or just my towel, wherever I am is usually easier to put it than where it should go.

4. Calling my friends and family. This sounds like something I would want to do, and I do, but I just keep waiting for "the right time" and that time never comes. I haven't called my cousin Abby in months. And her birthday was in November.
What a slacker.

5. Paying bills. I go through phases with this one. Some months, I pay it as soon as it comes in, others will sit there until their due date.

6. Finishing projects. I have a couple of skirts and pairs of pants that just need hemming to be finished. I have a few knitting projects that just need ends woven.

Procrastination is a true problem in my family. I inherited the trait both from nature and nuture. My fam is quite bad about that stuff.

1 Comments:

  • Your list is almost identical to what mine would be. I have hubby pay the bills because of my billitis. He even has a stamp with my signature!

    And I really need to call some family too. Do you find yourself getting involved in hours long conversations when you call? *sigh*

    With respect to your muffins, "batter late than never." [Ok, Ann, that was pathetic but I couldn' t resist :) ]

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home