If It's Fiber...

Monday, January 01, 2007


I've been waiting for a nice sunny day to get a good shot of what I purchased at my lys's big sale, but it's been overcast pretty much every day since. I should have taken advantage of the sunshine that same day, but no. Ms. Procrastinator always thinks later is a better time.

It really doesn't look like much in the picture, but it feels like a lot to me.

I bought 3 books:
Traditional Scandinavian Knitting by Sheila MacGregor
Folk Socks by Nancy Bush
In Sheep's Clothing: A Handspinner's Guide to Wool by Nola and Jane Fournier

And then I bought some yarn:
2 skeins JaggerSpun laceweight in pink and 2 in burgundy
2 skeins of a Cascade in grey to make the Brea bag
2 skeins of Brown Sheep's Wildfoote in Blue Flannel
1 skein Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn in purple
1 skein Noro's Iro in blues, greys, and browns to be a hat for me
2 skeins Katia Jamaica in a blues, greens and aquas colorway. (okay, so the Katia I bought the day before when it was on sale for 50% off, but I'm still counting it in my spoils. I plan to make something summery for the baby in it.)

I finished the first mitt of the Wine and Roses mitts, but don't know if I'll make the second. I like it, but am unsure if I'll really ever wear them. It was my first time really following a lace chart. It was a lot easier than I expected.
The past few nights I have done no knitting or crafting whatsoever. I need to get inspired again. I feel as if I am wasting so much time while we listen to old radio shows or watch our Star Trek:TNGs or Poirots.

Happy New Year to you all!

3 Comments:

  • Ooh, you got some wonderful varied stuff! I really want to just reach out and squeeze that yarn. Diversity is really the way to shop at a yarn sale. [Excuse me while I drool, especially over the Noro.]

    I bet the mitt is beautiful. Maybe you could gift them if you don't think you'll wear them?

    Go Spock and Hercule!

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 6:20 PM  

  • Oh, mannnnna! Lookie lookie at what you got! I'm living vicariously through you right now :) I have the book In Sheep's Clothing, and it is a great reference book to have around. I'm wanting the Folk Sock book- I'd love to know if it's any good :) I've also never tried Jaggerspun- it looks lovely- will it be turning into a lace shawl?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:19 AM  

  • WOW you did great!!!!! I love sales, don't you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home