If It's Fiber...

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

FOB #5 Senses

How do I experience the season with my senses? This is a great list idea led by Knatty Knitter.

1. Sight - I just have to drive by someone's over the top Christmas yard display. It just doesn't feel like Christmas if I haven't seen the multitude of lights, blow-up Santas, manger scenes, and in recent years some "God bless America" slogans.
Not that I would ever do it, but I just have to see it. THere is something strangely comforting in the fact that some people do this.
I think it may be a feeling that is akin to the one I feel when I watch this guy. (Thanks Glaistig for exposing me to that one!)
2. Sound - In the past few years, my two Ultra Lounge "Christmas Cocktails" cds have put me in the holiday mood.
3. Touch - The pine needles of our Christmas tree. So kind of hedgehoggy. But if you touch the wrong places, you get a bit of sticky sap. That part is not so fun.
4. Taste - Red Bird peppermint candy sticks. They are NOT the same texture as candy canes. These are not so hard at all. When I was real little, we would stick these into an orange and suck the juice out through the stick. Yummm...
5. Smell - Walking into our house to smell a real tree. Mr. Fiber used to work for a tree service before going into law school. The "eau d'arbor" was quite nice. The tree smell at Christmas reminds me of those times.

And, I feel I should just mention after my last post, I married the hubby in spite of the fact he had red hair, not because of it. I was never attracted to red headed guys. Just didn't want y'all thinkin' I was obsessive about that.
I do love the Weasleys, though.
:)

4 Comments:

  • hi,ı'm breeze.ı was visited your blog and congrulations.this blog very interesting.
    ı have a blog,my blog is contain knitting,health and what's more. click and see.
    ı'm happy for change your blog.ı will wait your visit my blog.
    yours sincereliy.
    my blog web add: http://breezeswind.blogcu.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 AM  

  • Hmmm...have you checked out the blog above? Interesting...are they in another country?

    Anyway, you and my Jack would get along famously- he's into all of the lounge music stuff as well. We just watched Beyond the Sea, the movie about Bobby Darren (I'm sure you knew that), and it was really interesting. I shed a tear at the end...There's something to be said for that era. :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:25 PM  

  • I love looking at Christmas lights- the lovely and the truly terrible. Either way, it always gets me in that holiday spirit.
    Just wanted to say- once more- Merry Christmas! Hope you and Mr. Yoda and Little Boo have a fabulous old-fashoined, English Christmas. And try not to have the babo until I get back!

    By Blogger Emily, at 6:28 PM  

  • Ha, I'm glad that that Klingon gives you a good feeling, akin to Christmas-y ones!

    I love lounge music. Love it. I'll definitely have to check out those Christmas tunes. Evergreens do have a wonderful scent, don't they? I admit it -- sometimes I just like to break a needle or two and inhale the scent. . . . (The ponderosa pine trees out here in CO have a sap that makes the bark smell like butterscotch!)

    By Blogger Glaistig, at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home