If It's Fiber...

Sunday, January 14, 2007

I have been wanting to make the leggings from Elizabeth Zimmerman's "The Opinionated Knitter". I found a full skein of TLC yarn, a cotton acrylic blend, (from either Caron or Red Heart, I can't remember which) that was left over from some baby blankets that I had made for my church back home. So in keeping with my commitment to use up as much of my stash as possible this year, I made the leggings from them. But, the skein wouldn't last for the entire legs, and I didn't want to go out and buy more, so they became shorts. This actually will be much more usuable in my climate.
Bruce likes them too, but he thinks they look better as a hat.

My sister-in-law has decided upon the dresses that the bridesmaids will be wearing. You can see it here. (The colors will be Mallard for the dress and mocha for the sash.) The wedding is in October, so I think the lace shawl that I have been wanting to make will be great at the reception. Now the question is - Which color yarn should I use for it? I have a white, a pink, and a burgundy.

I'm excited that I have a definite use for the shawl. It gives me a deadline, which is something I usually need if I am actually going to get something done.

Still no baby. We have a scheduled delivery for this coming Thursday if it won't come out on its own by then. I'm doing what I can to help it along. I keep having false alarms. How frustrating!!!

Maybe tomorrow will be the day...

8 Comments:

  • Aww, hang in there mama! Maybe you should travel into an area with low pressure? haha!! My vote would be burgundy for the shawl, because it's in the fall, but lace does look awful pretty in white...I guess it comes down to what you're wearing for the event.

    Cashmere...yes, I'm drooling too...it makes me so weak in the knees. I think I'm going to order more. You should make your shawl out of cashmere...yes, yes...lovely, lovely fiber of the Gods :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:07 PM  

  • Oh, love the hat!! :P

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:10 PM  

  • Dig the hat. Very Seussian.
    If nothing else there's something awfully simple about a scheduled baby, right? Are we sure Babo doesn't have some Virgo in there (asks one Virgo to possible second Virgo)?
    Have you swatched your lace yarn yet? There's two balls of green left at the store and I'm considering picking it up as an "at some point" lace knitting- maybe closer to summer or fall. Any comments/thoughts on that particlar yarn?

    By Blogger Emily, at 9:11 AM  

  • ok,ok...lovely pants/hat...lets have a picture of that baby!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

  • I was just over at another site and saw a photo of Flora!! She is so beautiful!!! Hope you're feeling OK and are enjoying every moment with her :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:38 PM  

  • I meant to say Em's site...not just any ol' site :P

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:38 PM  

  • Okay, I am with Linda, either apic of the baby or a clue as to whether there is a new brother or sister in the house???? :)
    Terry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 PM  

  • Congratulations Mammy!! Your daughter is just too pretty for words and such a beautiful name...Flora...goregous. I hope you and Flora are feeling happy and well. You are in my prayers and thoughts :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home