If It's Fiber...

Saturday, December 16, 2006

FOB #9 The Number 9
Below are my own personal thoughts and loves of the number 9

1. Three is the best number in the world. Nine is three threes. You just can't get any better than that. It's like the Narnia inside Narnia in "The Last Battle".
2. I am the third of four children
3. I was born on a ninth
4. My brother was born on a ninth
5. My son was born on a ninth
6. John Lennon was born on a ninth
7. When doing your nine times tables, here's a trick that will work with 9 times 1-10:
Hold out all ten fingers. fold down the finger of the number you are multiplying by nine, and the answer appears on your hands. For example, 9 x 4: Hold out your fingers. Fold down the fourth finger (left hand's index finger). That leaves you with three fingers before the fold down and six fingers after. 36.
So cool.
8. I was born at 4:14 am. 4+1+4=9
9. Nine, in my way of thinking, is just so wonderfully circular and stable. It's sort of infinite in my view. It's just a superb number.

Those are just some of the reasons that I love the number 9.

2 Comments:

  • Holy number 9 in your family Batman!! That trick on multiplying the number 9 is sooooo cool! I never knew that! I was just sitting in front of the computer doing it and Jack was like, "Um, and what are you doing now?" ;P

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:48 AM  

  • I knew you'd love this one! I kept thinking of the all-good-numbers-are-divisible-by-three theory as though it was a number's rule, set in all math books and I couldn't figure out where this warped plan got into my head. Until I thought of... you. Yoda and her funny ways.
    I loved Brooke's Number 8 FOB. Curious to see what you're a'hankerin' to do.
    What about Number 7? You want to throw a question into the mix? Oui?

    By Blogger Emily, at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home