If It's Fiber...

Friday, January 26, 2007

Just a few pictures of our new little girl. We went with the name Flora. I like it because in my mind it is old-fashioned, simple, a bit Earth Mother lovin' (my tree-hugging self loves plant, tree, and other nature names), and I think it suits her. Bruce has been lobbying for the name since I read him out our lists a month or so ago.
Above, you see him, the Big Brother in his Weasley sweater, holding his little sis. I'll need to make one up for her in the next year or so!

As a newborn, she is not awake very much. So here is a squirming sleep picture.

And last but not least, a cute little baby foot.

I've been swatching some laceweight yarn for the shawl I will make for my sister-in-law's wedding. I must decide on the style shawl and lace designs to use. There are so many beautiful patterns! I also have my pattern worked up for the socks I'm making out of Brooke's yarn.

This past week was much harder than I expected due to Flora not being able to nurse well. I've been stressed and out of the regular world. Maybe I'll bore you all later with details, but now, I've adjusted my expectations and all is going well. Now I have time to shower, read and knit!

(Just think of all the cute girl clothes I get to sew, knit, and crochet now!!!)

I hope to catch up on what everyone has been doing in the next few days. I'll be checking into blogs when I can. (and I'll try to get a better baby picture) Have a great weekend!

10 Comments:

  • So very precious and sweet!!! Love the pic with B! Glad things are improving for you. And as always, let me know if I can do anything for you.

    By Blogger Renee, at 2:22 PM  

  • Beautiful Baby and Very Handsome Big Brother! Good Job, Mom !!!
    Our next Carousel Smocker's meeting is February 19th. We would love to have you join us. A Beautiful Baby Girl is an excellent reason to join a friendly smocking group. We are having a demonstration day at the Burlington Library March 17th (10 until 4). I will send you information, hope you can come. Take care..let me know when you are up for a visit, I would love to see Flora in person.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

  • Baby feet!! I love baby feet!! She's so beautiful! Good job mama! Hope the nursing is going better. Get lots of rest and enjoy the precious time you have with her! ...sigh...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:44 PM  

  • Beautiful, so beautiful. When I got to the baby feet pic I have to admit I got a little choked up. my babies (I'm big sister to 3 littles) are alll grown up now and I miss having babies round. I'm feeling a little broody to be honest (don't tell DB...lol!) but don't think I'll be joining you for a wee while yet.

    hope everything is going well and you are getting all the rest and knitting time you need. keep us informed, I know it's hard but we all love to hear from you :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 PM  

  • She is just so gorgeous. Just like her beautiful family.

    Hugs!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 PM  

  • heyyy i love that foot.....the feeding will come...remember..she is the second................and its winter......so much easier at night...she has a lovely big brother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:59 PM  

  • Hooray! She's just fabulous isn't she? Briefly, I considered being the one comment that said "Huh, well she's alright, I guess," to give you a laugh, but I can't. She's too beautiful!
    Love seeing B in the HP sweater. I'm still trying to work out how you can pass his sweater down to Flora- B for Baby perhaps? Hmm...
    Hope you're having a great visit! Chat with you later.

    By Blogger Emily, at 4:01 PM  

  • YeaaaaY great pics of baby Flora and big brother!!!yummmm to kiss those tiny toes!! Have fun, get lots of rest,(knit something mindless for a few minutes to relax and let go of stresses...maybe while nursing or just before??) We'll be glad when all of u can come to visit knitnen night!
    Terry :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:37 PM  

  • er, just realised that when I commented I wasn't logged in, so the anon. comment that starts 'beautiful, so beautiful...' is from me. Sorry! silly Pari!

    By Blogger Little Fire, at 1:40 AM  

  • Had not checked in on you in ages. Congratulations! Flora is a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl.

    By Blogger Karen, at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home