If It's Fiber...

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Brooke tagged me for a meme last week. I just haven't been able to get to it since we took a long weekend out to Granny's farm. (pictures to come)
So here it goes:

Seven Things To Do Before I Die
1. Enjoy my grandchildren
2. Watch my children become parents
3. Get organized
4. Learn to be a good housekeeper
5. Visit Scandinavia
6. Have a few-months-long trip in the British Isles
7. Find something I can make at home in my spare time, enjoy making it, and sell it for a reasonable price to many, many people.

Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1. Watch scary movies
2. Separate myself from the characters I read about in books
3. Trust "The Man"
4. put things back where they belong (I try, really I do)
5. Live in my hometown with the rest of my family
6. Leave a short message on an answering machine
7. Take the Bible literally

Seven Things That Attract Me to…...North Carolina
1. Mountains
2. Piedmont
3. Coastal Plains
4. Some great history (interesting fact: NC is the site of the first documented discovery of gold. We were known as "The Golden State" for a while before California had their gold rush.)
5. trees
6. wild daylilies (or "outhouse lilies" as my great aunt used to call them)
7. Intelligent men with North Carolina accents

Seven Things I Say
1. Come on, Bruce
2. Socks and shoes on Bruce
3. Let me finish this row
4. Pooters
5. Are you finished with your breakfast?
6. Hurry up Bruce!
7. Please, girl, don't spit up again!

Seven Good Books
1. Orlando by Virginia Woolf
2. Titus Groan by Mervyn Peake
3. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
4. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
5. Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody mysteries
6. Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis
7. The Godfather by Mario Puzo

Seven Good Movies:
1) Dreams - Akira Kurosawa
2) The Seven Samurai - also Kurosawa
3) My Man Godfrey - William Powell is just so fabulous! Carole Lombard was hilarious!
4) The General - Buster Keaton
5) Strange Brew
6) M - Fritz Lang
7) After Life - Hirokazu Koreeda

There are so many more books and movies I could list. It's so hard to stop at seven.
I've finished up my Brea Bag - all but finding an appropriate handle.

So much going on here and not enough time to tell. Should really go clean house.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home