If It's Fiber...

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Finally posting a picture of my Brea bag. I still need to find a belt for the handle. I have the button that I am going to use for the closure. I am quite happy with it.

Below is a picture of a fabulous little corduroy outfit for Flora that my friend, Lindsley, found for her. She won't be able to wear it for another year or two,but I can't wait! It looks like the kind of thing I wore and loved when I was growing up in the 70s. I may have to make up a pattern to make a smaller pair for sooner.


5 Comments:

  • Ooooh! I love your bag! I want to make one now :) I also love Flora's disco jumper- she will be THE queen of the playground in that get-up! I do believe I still have something like that in my closet... *grin*

    The bag, awwww mannnna...it came and went like the wind. The fabric is the most magical fabric I've ever seen...I am currently hounding down more- it seems to be rather hard to find, with good reason. If, actually, let me say when I find more, I'll let you know.

    Off to the park we go!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 AM  

  • P.S. Here's a crazy idea for you- how about running a belt through the bag and wearing it on the side of your hip/waist area? Would the bag be too big/bulky for that? Kind of like a side-sporran? (sp?)Hands free- works for me with wee ones!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 AM  

  • Could you BE any more earth mother?! I was there for the photo shoot and I still can't get over how Beatrix Potter your pics are. I love it!
    Can't wait to see the finished bag!

    By Blogger Emily, at 10:36 AM  

  • love the bag

    By Blogger Lacey, at 7:00 AM  

  • My girls lived in Osh-kosh-bgosh corduroy overalls when they were little. The ones your friend found are just adorable..love the little flower and the ruffle on the shoulder. And, your Brea bag is fabulous!

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home