If It's Fiber...

Friday, April 06, 2007

WooHoo!!!
Another Potter themed activity to keep me busy while I wait so impatiently for Book Seven's release!

I have joined up with the Hogwarts Sock Swap, hosted by the most ingenious Rebecca. She has included in the fun a house contest where we can earn points for our respective houses.

The first challenge is to answer the swap questions ASAP.
Here it goes:

Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire

1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?

Ravenclaw (The raven, by the way, is an extremely intelligent bird. Take a listen to this Diane Rehm interview with John Marzluff, the author of "In the Company of Crows and Ravens". Scroll down the page to find it.
Fascinating.

2. Shoe size?

7 1/2 - 8 (one's a bit too big, the other is a bit too small)

3. Foot Length?

9

4. Foot Circumference?

8 1/2

5. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length.

I'm happy with just about any brand. I usually prefer metal because the points tend to be a bit sharper. I've been interested in Knit Picks new dpns. No shorter than 5 inches and ranging in size from 0000 to 0. I like to make my socks on small needles. They tend to last longer that way.

6. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length?

I really am up for trying out anything, as long as there is a decent point on them. Any materials would be welcome!

7. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference?

As a Ravenclaw, I strongly prefer the house colors as described in the books - blue and bronze.

8. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?

I would love to!


This swap looks like it is going to be a lot of fun! My younger sister (a 5th grade teacher) was just this morning making fun of me for my interest in HP and HP knitting. I love being able to let her know that there are other adults out there with the same - shall we say - passion.
I can't wait to get my swap partner and begin her socks!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • OH that definitely sounds like fun, but do you have to make a sock? OMG bless your heart if you do (see I'm getting southernized).
    Hugs!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 AM  

  • too cool! what a great idea for a swap :) and I agree that the book colours for Ravenclaw are the nicest, wonder why they changed them for the film? to make it look more 'school-uniform-y'?

    hope you are well and had a lovely Easter! And thank you for the words of support, they really helped!! it's always good to know there are others who understand and support you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:19 PM  

  • You wild swapper you! I can't wait to see what you get!
    I agree on the Ravenclaw colors- you've got to go with the book.
    Totally different subject, but why didn't JK use orange for any of the houses (instead of gold and bronze, which, really, are pretty similar)? As a Vol at heart, I'm a bit bothered by this! Maybe they don't see a lot of orange in Scotland? Interesting to ponder...

    By Blogger Emily, at 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home