If It's Fiber...

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

FOB #12 Annually Broken Holiday Resolutions

1. I won't get upset that my family chooses to cruise rather than be with their children and grandchildren over Christmas.
2. I won't be sad over the fact they they aren't a part of the actual holiday.
3. I will do my best to keep Hubby's present a secret from him until he opens it.
4. I will easily go to sleep Christmas Eve. I'm an adult now, I need to get over it.
5. I will not spend Christmas Eve with my husband looking for presents for his family. (Actually, this one might not be broken this year. Might not.)
6. I will be organized and have Christmas cards sent out before too late.
7. I will not stress out over all of the little things and then take it out on those around me.
8. I will not be bitter during my family's Christmas, which may occur as late as the middle of January. (They only live 1 1/2 hours away) -Actually, this will be happening this coming Sunday this year. Much closer to actual Christmas, but still, they stress me out and I get all crazy and bitter usually.
9. I will not overdo my baby sister's present. I've always spoiled her, continue to do so, and complain about how spoiled she is. (She's 27) It is SO easy to buy things I know she will like.
10. I will try to not feel uncomfortable during picture taking moments
11. I will not wake up super early, anxiously awaiting the time when everyone can open up the presents I have found for them.
12. I will not get upset that most nativity scenes are full of very Anglo-looking characters.

There we go! I could add a new one for just this year that says I will have everything ready for the baby before Christmas Eve. We have all we need, we just don't have it put in the right places and cleaned up yet. Maybe we will be able to accomplish that this weekend.
I hope so.

2 Comments:

  • Haha!! I like your number 12! That's so true!

    I noticed you're in the Knitting With the Classics KAL. Are you still doing it? I'm going to try it in January. I've just picked up a copy of The Lady in White from the library and I love it so far! It feels very "true Gothic" to me. You know, not Hot Topic-ish *grin*

    I haven't decided on the knitting part yet, because I still need to read more of the book. I'm thinking of making white pillow cases with cotton lace panels sewn onto the ends. Hmmm. we'll see how ambitious I am by then:)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:35 AM  

  • Oops, I mean a copy of "The Woman in White." Lady, woman, hot mama, you know what I was trying to say :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home